It only takes 4 ingredients to make this crock pot pork peperoncini. Two of the four ingredients are pork and sliced peperoncini peppers. This is one of those throw and go crock pot recipes. Just throw all of the ingredients into the crock pot, set the time and leave it.
When the cooking process is done all you have to do is remove the majority of the cooking liquid and shred the meat. You can then serve it up as a sandwich. Just toast some buns along with slices of provolone to serve this flavorful meat on.
Another way to serve this is as a peperoncini pork bowl. Place some greens in the bottom of the bowl. Then add a scoop of a grain like rice or quinoa on top along with some sliced red peppers, sliced red onion, slice cucumber, and matchstick carrots. Then finish it off with a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Crock Pot Peperoncini Pork
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 4-5 pound pork roast
- 1 16 oz jar peperoncini pepper, undrained
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Place the roast in your crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the other 3 ingredients together and pour over the top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the roast from the pot and shred. Remove most of the cooking liquid from the crock pot. Place the roast back in the crock pot. Cover again and allow it so cook for 30 more minutes to incorporate the juices.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.