I love it when I can find recipes that take something that would normal take a while to make and actually makes it a breeze to make. That is what this Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy recipe is for ya today.
Normally, steak and gravy would take some time to make if I was making it on the stove top. However, the crock pot comes the the rescue and makes it possible to make it with little effort, letting the slow cooker do most of the work.
You do need to mix a little cornstarch and water together at the end to thicken the gravy, but you just mix it in and give the steaks another 30 minutes in the crock pot and dinner is ready! The result is tender steaks with a flavorful gravy. I told ya recently family loves gravy and mashed potatoes and this is another tasty way to get them what they want.
- 1 pkg au jus mix
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream 0f chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can french onion soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 4–6 cubed steaks
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- In your crock pot, whisk together the au jus mix, soups, and 1/2 cup water.
- Place steaks in the crock pot, pressing down into the soup mixture, making sure the steaks are at least coated in the soup mixture. Cove and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk the cornstarch and 3 Tbsp of water together. Pile steaks up in one side of the crock pot and whisk the cornstarch mixture into the other half of the crock pot. Once combined, spread steaks out evenly in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy has thickened. Serve with hot mashed potatoes on the side. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from the Country Cook.