I have another great crock pot recipe for you. I adapted this recipe for crock pot pork chops and gravy from What’s for Dinner… and Dessert?. Now, I wanted to have a good amount of gravy with this in order to serve it with mashed potatoes on the side.
The original gravy was also too salty for me so I had to adjust the amount of soy sauce. The gravy is all ready when this finishes cooking, no need to thicken it or anything. You can make this recipe can be in you regular oven also, but I love the crock pot and have only cooked it that way. So easy and delicious!
- LEAN PORK CHOPS
- SOY SAUCE
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- GARLIC SALT
- 4 lean pork chops
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 C sliced mushrooms (I never add this since my family opposes mushrooms)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (I never measure my pepper, I always just do what I feel looks good)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, sliced or diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- Place pork chops crock pot (or in baking dish for oven). Lay onion slices (I chopped mine but you could do rings also) over pork chops. Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork chops. Cook on low in crock pot for 5-6 hours (or in oven on 350 for 1 hour).
Note: After baking I remove the chops and strain the gravy. This way I have a smooth gravy and I reserve the onions (and mushrooms if you use them) for those who like them to put them on their chops.