Here is another recipe from the Kraft Foods Sam’s Club Two-week meal planner. This simple creamy home-style tuna melts recipe turned out to be one of my favorites. I thought it sounded interesting to make a tuna sandwich with cream cheese instead of mayo or salad dressing. The whole family loved it.
I’ve actually made the recipe several times. My family is pretty picky about having any big chunks of celery or onion in their food. So my secret is to run it through my mini food processor. It gets it so finely chopped my family doesn’t even realize it’s in there. However, you still get all the flavor.
I will definitely be using this recipe again. Give it a try! Another bonus, estimated cost for a serving in the planner is 45 cents. You can’t beat that.
Also, I wanted to make sure that if you weren’t following Real Mom Kitchen last year that you know about my zucchini fest recipes from last year. My zucchini plant just starting producing this year. Last year my zucchini plant was going crazy so I was trying also sorts of recipes to use the stuff up.
I just made my first batch of chocolate chip zucchini muffins (one of my favorites). My other two favorite recipes are the blueberry zucchini bread and zucchini bars/cake. However, they are all delicious. So if you want to check out the recipes from last year, click on this link. I have 15 of them. I’m sure I’ll add a few new ones to the collection this year. I’ve already tried two new recipe that I plan to post soon.
Creamy Home-style Tuna Melts
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 oz. ½ of 8-oz. pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cans 5 oz. each tuna, drained, flaked
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 12 slices whole wheat bread I used whole grain bread
- 6 KRAFT Singles
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine softened (i probably used more, I just used enough to nicely coat each slice of bread)
- MIX first 4 ingredients. Fill bread slices with tuna salad and Singles.
- SPREAD outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- COOK in skillet on medium heat 3 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Serves 6.