For me, it wouldn’t be Easter without ham paired with potato casserole like this Cracker Barrel potato casserole. It’s such a classic combination.
I have made many a potato casserole over the years and have several version posted on my site. Well, today I have another one to add to the collection. This version is a copycat version of the one from the Cracker Barrel restaurant.
Now to get the right look of the casserole, you really need to use a can of cheese soup but cream of chicken also works well and that is what I used when I made it for the photo. Another key component is colby jack cheese. It adds the that rich color and adds great flavor.
- 1 (32 oz) bag frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cheddar cheese soup or cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups grated colby jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the hashbrowns, butter, soup, sour cream, onion, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Pour the potato mixture into the pan and spread out evenly. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serves 8-12.
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies.