Fall is officially her and at RMK we are going to celebrate with “Four Weeks of Fall”. I have four whole weeks that will be dedicated to recipes to get you in the mood for fall. Here is the schedule.
- Sept 26 to Oct 1 – Apple Week
- Oct 3 to Oct 8 – Soup Week
- Oct 10 to Oct 15 – Bread Week (cuz ya gotta have yummy bread to eat those soups from the previous week)
- Oct 17 to Oct 22 – Pumpkin Week
Doesn’t it sound fun! I hope you all get in the Fall mood.
So we are kicking off the week with a cupcake recipe – a cinnamon applesauce cupcake. Of course we are going to make the cupcakes the RMK way buy doctoring up a mix.
It all begins with a spice cake mix with apple sauce and apple juice used in the mix to give it moistness and flavor. Then mix in some cinnamon chips for an extra punch of that yummy spice that pairs so well with apples. Finish it off with a creamy cream cheese frosting!
- 1 pkg. spice cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple juice of cider (or you can use water)
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 C butter (1/2 stick), at room temperature
- 4 C sifted powdered sugar (You can decrease this amount if you don’t care about it being as stiff for piping)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk cake mix and pudding mix together.
- Add applesauce, oil, and eggs, and apple juice to the dry mix.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes. Use a strong mixer, this batter is thick.
- Fold in the 1 cup cinnamon chips.
- Scoop batter into 24 lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cupcakes don’t look wet and a toothpick inserted in one comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting the cupcakes.
- For the frosting, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Mix in vanilla. Mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Pip or spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
Recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original inspired by Culinary Concoctions By Peabody.