Recently, I was on a quest to make a skillet cookie pie like what you can get at Chili’s restaurant. We had had one recently and I was craving it again. This recipe for chocolate chip skillet cookie pie is what I ended up making. It’s not quiet an exact copy cat version of what you can get at Chili’s. However, it is still is fantastic!
It all starts off with mixing some melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg together. The melted butter and brown sugar are what gives you that nice soft and chewy texture.
Next, you are going to add in some flour, baking soda, and salt. Once that’s all mixed together to make a nice and soft cookie dough, you will fold in some chocolate chips. You can do what ever kind of chocolate chips you like. I am partial to semi-sweet chocolate chips. You could even to a combination of chips. Don’t forget to top this skillet cookie pie off with some vanilla ice cream for serving.
- BROWN SUGAR
- BAKING SODA
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS (I USE SEMI-SWEET)
- VANILLA ICE CREAM
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Pie
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips I use semi-sweet
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla together.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Divide the mixture between 2 (6 inch) cast iron skillets. Press into each skillet until even.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve topped with vanilla ice cream. Serves 4.
This recipe is adapted from Frugal Coupon Living.