I recently created this recipe for Chile Lime Chicken Tostadas. My family loves Mexican food and I am always looking for fun and new ways to cook it. I especially love to cook the meat for my Mexican meals in the slow cooker.
Now, even though I made tostadas with this meat, you can use it for whatever you like. I used leftover chicken for a taco salad and it was also fabulous. I think tacos would be another good use. This meat is tender with just a little heat and kick of lime. It is just the right amount of spice to make it family friendly.
- DICED GREEN CHILIES
- MINCED GARLIC
- CHILI POWDER
- LIME JUICE
- BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- FAT FREE REFRIED BEANS
- TOSTADA SHELLS
- DESIRED TOPPINGS SUCH AS: SHREDDED LETTUCE, SHREDDED CHEESE, SALSA, LIGHT SOUR CREAM, SLICED OLIVES, GUACAMOLE
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 diced medium onion
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can fat free refried beans, warmed
- 10 tostada shells
- Desired toppings such as: shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, light sour cream, sliced olives, guacamole
- Add chicken and onion to a slow cooker that is at least 3 1/2 quarts.
- In a bowl combine green chilies, garlic, chili powder, and lime juice. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Mix in 1/2 cup of juice remaining in slow cooker to the shredded chicken.
- Spread warmed refried beans on tostada shells.
- Top with hot chicken mixture and any other desired toppings.