My family loves to have chicken cordon bleu. However, I don’t always feel up to making it. It’s kind of messy to make and can take a little time. So it usually ends up being a meal for Sundays only.
Well, today I have a simplified Chicken Cordon Bleu Rolls version of it using crescent roll dough and deli meat. This is much easier to make on a weeknight and makes less mess!
Don’t forget the honey mustard sauce! It is a must to serve this rolls with. Now I have a new way for my family to enjoy chicken cordon bleu!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Rolls
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 pkgs crescent roll dough
- 8 slices of swiss cheese cut in half
- 1 9 oz pkg deli shaved ham (I used Land O' Frost)
- 1 9 oz pkg deli shaved chicken (I used Land O' Frost)
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough. On each roll, at the wide end of the triangle, place one half slice of cheese followed by 2 slices of ham folded in half and 2 slices of chicken folded in half. Roll up like you normally would for a crescent roll and place on a baking sheet. Continue until all the rolls are done.
- Brush the top of each roll with the beaten egg followed by a sprinkling of the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes until golden brown and rolls are fully cooked.
- While rolls bake, add the sauce ingredients to a bowl and stir until well combined. Serve rolls with the sauce on the side for dipping. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters Stuff.