One of my go-to quick dinners is quesadillas just like with these chicken and green chile quesadillas. They are fast to make and are a great way to use up leftovers I may have in my fridge.
I recently had some rotisserie chicken in my fridge that I wanted to do something with and I immediately thought quesadillas. I also had some green chiles in my fridge so I decided to use them too. My son introduced me to Hatch Valley 505 flame roasted green chilies in a jar. If you can get your hands on a jar they are definitely worth it. They are the next best thing to fresh roasted ones. They add so much more flavor than the ones I would usually buy in a can.
Then you have to have cheese. I usually always have a blend of Monterrey jack and cheddar in my fridge, so that is what I used. Then it was amazing served up with a guacamole dip! These make a great dinner of lunch!
- 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- 1 ( 4 oz) can or 1/2 cup fire roasted green chiles
- 8 flour burrito sized tortillas
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a blend of cheddar and Monterrey jack)
- In a bowl, mix the chicken and green chiles together.
- Brush a tortilla with butter. Place butter side down in a skillet. Top tortilla with 1/2 cup shredded cheese followed by a heaping 1/2 of chicken. Top with a tortilla and brush tortilla facing up with butter.
- Cook over medium heat until golden. Then flip with a pancake turner and cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and cut into 4 wedges and serve with guacamole. Repeat with remaining ingredients until all 4 quesadillas are made. Serves 4.