Whether you are having a picnic or an outdoor BBQ, today’s recipe for Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars is the perfect addition.
So, pretty much everyone loves chocolate chip cookies and it always makes me feel better about eating a cookie if it has something healthy in it. These have old fashioned oats. Also, I love the texture that oats add to a cookie.
These are soft, chewy, sweet, and chocolaty. Everyone will enjoy them, they will be a hit! They have been a hit every time I make them.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together, the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix in the oats and brown sugar.
- Add the butter to the bowl and mix with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix with a mixer until combined.
- Then fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and press the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars. Serves 16.
Recipe adapted from the awesome Jamie Cooks It Up!