Today is my first post for our week of Sweets for your Sweetie. Today’s recipe is a cherry chocolate pie. Chocolate and cherries is such a great Valentine’s combination and my husband loves cherry cordials. This pie is so simple to put together but does need some time in the fridge. So, just make sure you make this one ahead of time. I actually like the fact that you can make it ahead of time. Then you have less stress for the meal.
I actually wanted to make it with an Oreo crust, but didn’t have one. So I went with the regular graham but I think the Oreo would have been yummy. This cherry chocolate pie recipe is one I adapted from Taste of Home. The filing is a nice creamy chocolate filling. Then you just top it with canned cheery pie filling. However, raspberry pie filling would also work well.
Here are some other pie recipes that would be perfect to serve your Valentine:
- Mini Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cream Puff Pie
- French Silk Pie garnished with strawberries or raspberries
- Black Forest Cheesecake
- Chocolate Strawberry Crispy Pie
- LARGE MARSHMALLOWS
- HERSHEY’S MILK CHOCOLATE CANDY BARS
- FROZEN WHIPPED TOPPING
- GRAHAM CRACKER OR OREO PIE CRUST
- CHERRY PIE FILLING
- 11 large marshmallows
- 1/3 milk
- 2 ( 1.55 oz) Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared graham cracker or Oreo pie crust
- 1 (21 oz) can of pie filling
- In a sauce pan, combine the marshmallows, milk, and chocolate over medium heat until marshmallows and chocolate have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 1 hour.
- Fold 3/4 cup of the whipped topping into the cooled chocolate mixture and pour into the pie crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Top pie with cherry pie filling and refrigerate for 8 hours. Serve topped with a scoop of the remaining whipped topping. Serves 6-8.