This post may contain affiliate links.
I am always on the look out for fun new recipes to try out, especially for the holidays. I love to have traditional favorites along with new ones like thise cheesy pesto pull apart bread at my celebration.
Since I am a foodie, I love television shows that involve food and The Chew on ABC is included in that list. The Chew is the place to find anything and everything holiday-related. They have a great collection of recipes and ideas on their website.
The Chew is a Great Resource
So whether you are looking for great recipes, crafts or tips/hacks to prepare for the holidays, The Chew is a great resource. The show encompasses the whole world of food, not just cooking. The co-hosts are outstanding including Carla Hall, Mario Batali, Clinton Kelly, Daphne Oz, and Michael Symon. My fav on The Chew is Carla Hall – I just love her energy and sense of humor. Plus, I have been able to meet her in real life. I also love Michael Symon.
Personally, I love that each recipe on The Chew’s website will tell you the degree of difficulty on it. I went looking for an easy appetizer to have this holiday season and found just what I was looking for. I found this simple 4 ingredient recipe for Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread from Carla Hall. One of those 4 ingredients happens to be pesto, which my family LOVES and I always have on hand. I also loved the idea of the bright green color. It just helps add the festive look of my holiday table.
The additional 3 ingredients where French bread, butter, and cheese. I mean how can you loose with those delicious ingredients? So we tested out the recipe. Not only was it easy to make, it was also quite tasty! It is most definitely going to turn out to be a favorite that my family will request in years to come.
Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups 3-cheese blend (mozzarella, parmesan and asiago)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make 1″ diagonal cuts through the bread, using a serrated knife, leaving the bottom crust intact. Turn the bread and make diagonal cuts in the opposite direction, creating a crosshatch pattern.
- Place the bread on a large sheet of foil. You want it large enough to wrap the bread in.
- Pour the melted butter into the cuts of the bread. Then, use a spoon to drip the pesto into the cuts of the bread.
- Finally, stuff the shredded cheese into the cuts of the bread.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven to bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Then, open the foil to expose the top of the bread and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe from The Chew – the place to find anything & everything holiday-related. Join in the fun of the #ChewHolidays weekdays 1e|12c|p on ABC.