Do you need a last minute gift or treat? I’ve got you covered today with an easy recipe for maple glazed walnuts. It may take some time to make, but it is with seriously minimal work.
You only need a few ingredients and your crock pot. In a couple of hours, you will have these deliciously maple coated walnuts. The have just a light hint of sweetness. They are perfect to snack on or add into a salad.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb shelled walnut halves
- Add the butter, syrup and vanilla to the slow cooker. Turn on high and melt the butter.
- Once butter is melted, stir to combine. Reduce to low and mix in the walnuts. Be sure to get them all coated well with the mixture.
- Cook on low for 1 hour. Then give them astir and cook for 1 more hour.
- Stir one last time and the pour out on a baking sheet to cool. Spread out into a even layer.Store in an air tight container. Keep in the pantry for a few weeks, in the fridge for 2-3 months, or in the freezer for 6 months. Makes 1 lb.
Recipe adapted from Vegan in the Freezer.