School is now in session. My baby girl is in 9th grade this year and my other two boys are both in college! One is living away at school and the other one is living at home. Time flies and can’t believe I am old enough to be where I am in my life right now.
Well, I have a super quick cheesy pesto pasta dinner for you today. Perfect for any of those crazy busy school nights. The great thing about this recipe is it can come all together in about 20 minutes.
I used a can of diced tomatoes in this just to make things quick and easy, but you can totally chop up fresh tomatoes if you prefer or have them on hand. My family is better at eating canned tomato than fresh tomatoes, so that was another reason I opted for the canned version in this recipe. I personally think fresh would have been terrific in this dish.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 can petite dice tomatoes of equal amount of fresh diced
- pepper to taste
- shredded parmesan for garnish
- In a pot, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Once pasta is ready, add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium, Add garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Turn off heat and add in pasta, pesto, and tomatoes. Toss together. Add in mozzarella cheese and pepper. Toss agin until combined.
- Serve topped with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Serves 4-6.
- Category: main dish, meatless
- Cuisine: Italian
Recipe adapted from Oh Sweet Basil.