The recipe I have for you today is the potato recipe that I served along side the pork roast that I shared with you yesterday. These Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes are fabulous! I mean how can you go wrong with a carb that has butter, cheese, and garlic added to it?
Once the potatoes are cooked, you will add in some butter. Next you need some cheddar cheese. I used white cheddar to keep the color white. If you don’t mind the potatoes looking orange than regular cheddar will work. The garlic part comes in by adding in some Ms. Dash garlic and herb seasoning. Last thing you will need is some milk. This will make it possible to get a nice texture. Then mash it all together.
These potatoes had a nice flavor. I must admit though, I always add a little extra pat of butter to my potatoes once that are on my plate! Also, I topped them with some fresh chopped green onion to serve. I love the added color and freshness that it adds to the cheesy garlic and herb mashed potatoes.
- RUSSET POTATOES
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- GARLIC AND HERB SEASONING (I USED MRS. DASH)
- CHOPPED CHIVES OR GREEN ONION
Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 russet potatoes rinsed and peeled
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese I used a white cheddar
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning I used Mrs. Dash
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup milk
- chopped chives or green onion optional garnish
- Quarter potatoes and place in a large pot. Add enough water to the pot to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
- Add butter, cheese, seasoning, salt, and pepper to the potatoes. Begin mashing with a potato masher.
- Add the milk a little at a time to reach desired consistency. You may need more or less than the 1/2 cup of milk. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Cherished Bliss.