Today’s recipe for chalupas is one of those speedy meals for those busy holiday nights. You still can get dinner on the table without having to stop at a fast food chain. This will also help your pocket book with all your holiday shopping. Dinner couldn’t be easier. This would be excellent to even serve tonight if you have been out shopping for Black Friday today.
I found this version of Chalupas over a Recipe Girl. It’s very similar to a tostada. This version is made by crisping up some flour tortillas in the oven with some nonstick cooking spray. These would also be really yummy made with crock pot refried beans too.
- FLOUR TORTILLAS
- REFRIED BEANS
- CHEESE (CHEDDAR OR CHEDDAR/JACK BLEND)
- 1FRESH TOMATO (OR SALSA)
- SOUR CREAM
- AVOCADO (OR GUACAMOLE)
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or cheddar/jack blend)
- 2 cups (or more) finely chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato (or salsa)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped avocado (or guacamole)
- Remove the from oven and turn the tortillas over. Spread each tortilla with ¼ cup refried beans and top with ¼ cup cheese. Bake until the cheese is hot and bubbling and the tortillas are crisp, 5 to 7 more minutes (again, keep an eye on them!) Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve immediately, topping each tortilla with lettuce, tomato/salsa, sour cream and avocado/guacamole. Serves 8.
Recipe is adapted from Recipe Girl.