Halloween wouldn’t be Halloween without a sweet treat! Today’s treat for Caramel Filled Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats is perfect for Halloween or anytime during the Fall season. My inspiration for this recipe came when I saw a bag of pumpkin spice marshmallows. I also think that pumpkin flavors go quite well with caramel, so I had to include some caramel.
I must let you know that my 2 boys did not care for the pumpkin spice marshmallows. However, my daughter, husband, and I LOVED the pumpkin spice marshmallows. You can always go for regular old marshmallows with this recipe if you don’t think it will be a hit with your family or if you just can’t locate the pumpkin spice marshmallows. It will still be delish.
These treats include a middle layer of ooey gooey and some regular miniature mashmallows. The caramel layer is made using packaged caramels, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. This recipe for Caramel Filled Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats takes the regular old rice krispie treat to a new level!
- PUMPKIN SPICE MARSHMALLOWS
- RICE KRISPIES CEREAL
- CARAMELS (LIKE KRAFT OR WERTHER’S CHEWY CARAMELS)
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- Spray two 9 x 13 inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large sauce pan over medium to medium low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter with pumpkin spice marshmallows until completely melted and well blended.
- Mix in the rice krispies and fold in until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Divide the cereal mixture between to two 9 x 13 inch prepared pans. Press the cereal in each pan until it covers the pan evenly.
- In another sauce pan, place the caramels, condensed milk, and 1/2 cup butter. Melt over medium heat until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and let cool of a few minutes.
- Spread the caramel evenly over one pan of the rice krispies. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the caramel.
- Invert the other pan of rice krispies on top on the miniature marshmallows. You are basically creating a rice krispie sandwich with the caramel and the mini marshmallows in the center.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and cut while cool. Makes 18 treats
*** the pumpkin spice marshmallows may be replaced with a 10.5 oz bag of the miniature marshmallows.
This recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original.