This recipe for Butterfinger dessert dip isn’t an apple recipe but it is perfect to serve with fresh cut apples. This dip is similar to that popular toffee dip for apples but incorporates Butterfinger candy bars instead. It give you that peanut butter flavor that pairs so well with apples. I also recommend having a 16 slice apple slicer. It cuts them to be the perfect size for dipping!
The dip is made with a combination of brown sugar, cream cheese, and Cool Whip. Then you fold in crushed Butterfinger candy bars. I like to fold in half the Butterfingers and give it some time in the fridge. About an hour is good. Then I add in the other half just before serving. I love the dip to have that crunch from the candy bar. As the candy sits in the dip it softens, whish is good, but I still like that crunch too.
This is great served with slices of granny smith apples, but it can be served with more than just this. It’s also good with pretzels, graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, etc. I like it with those braided pretzel twists.
I also have a tip for you to keep those apple slices from going brown while serving them with this Butterfinger dessert dip. Soak them for 2-3 minutes in some Sprite. Then, I dry them on a plate lined with a paper towel, then store in a zipper baggie.
- CREAM CHEESE
- COOL WHIP LITE
- BROWN SUGAR
- FUN SIZE BUTTERFINGER CANDY BARS
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 of a (8-oz) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 9 fun size crushed Butterfinger candy bars, divided
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Fold in cool whip, can beat if needed. Then fold in half of Butterfinger bits until fully incorporated.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Before serving fold in the other half of the butterfingers uses a little to sprinkle on top.
- Serve with apple slices, graham crackers, pretzels, Nilla Wafers, etc. Makes 2 cups.
Recipe is adapted from Plain Chicken.