This post contains affiliate links.
This is a recipe for Butterfinger brownies that I recently found on therecipegirl.blogspot.com who got the recipe from Recipezaar. I thought, how can you loose when butterfingers are included? My family loves butterfingers, especially with ice cream. This recipe is exactly like it was described at the recipe girl, “So they’re not really technically a ‘brownie.’ They’re more like a Blondie with lots of Butterfinger chunks mixed in.”
I do think I slightly over cooked these brownies. At 35 minutes, the middle of the pan still looked too wet. I cooked it a little bit longer and the edges of the brownies were a little on the crunchy side, but still delicious. So, next time, I think I’ll stop right at the 35 minutes. They are nice and chewy.
I also used snack size butterfingers, because they were actually cheaper than the full size ones. So, for this recipe if you are using the snack size butterfingers you’ll need 12. If you love butterfingers, you’ll absolutely love these brownies. Any Butterfinger addict is going to flip for these brownies.
- BAKING POWDER
- BROWN SUGAR
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- REGULAR-SIZED BUTTERFINGER CANDY BARS
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2¼ cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 regular-sized Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture and 1 cup of crushed butterfingers.
- Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed Butterfinger bars over top of batter.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes, or until the bars are a bit firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Servings: 12
more like butterfinger “BLONDIES!” not brownies
Yay! I’m happy you enjoyed these 🙂
I made these today!! HOLY SWEETNESS BATMAN!!!