These brown sugar cinnamon cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie. They are like a sugar cookie but with the flavor of Christmas. I am so glad I decided to give these cookies a try and you should too! It’s the perfect balance of sugar and spice.
The ingredients are simple and you probably have all of them on hand. There is just 7 ingredients needed. The only issue you may have is that this recipe uses dark brown sugar. You could use regular brown sugar but you won’t get that depth of flavor that you get with the dark brown sugar. The taste is similar to a gingerbread cookie, but not as strong since this cookie contains no ginger. However, you get that hint of molasses since it’s made with brown sugar.
Dark brown sugar and butter get creamed together. Then one egg is beat in. Next, you whisk the dry ingredients together. There is flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Once that is combined, you add it gradually to the butter mixture until combined. Now all that is left is to scoop, bake, and cool. I personally like these brown sugar cinnamon cookies warm. However, they are still good for a few days after you bake them.Print
- 3/4 cup butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add the egg and blend until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Blend until all the flour is combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to the dough onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until edges just start to brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Hot Eats and Cool Reads.