Today’s recipe is one I adapted from a recipe I found from the Incredible Edible Egg. It makes cute mini sized quiches with a biscuit crust. This recipe for Breakfast Biscuit Quiches uses swiss cheese, ham, and green onion but you could easily change out those ingredients with the same amounts of your favorite ingredients. How about a bacon, spinach, and swiss cheese version or one with sausage, green pepper, and cheddar cheese? Be creative! Pair these quiches with some fresh fruit and you are set.
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. cream or milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I used Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk Biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, mix together the cheese, ham and green onions.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream or milk, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Open and separate biscuits. Press or roll each biscuit into a 5-inch round on lightly floured surface.
- Put 1 biscuit in each of 10 greased muffin cups, leaving the 2 cups in center of pan empty. Press the biscuits firmly against bottom and sides of cups and form a rim at top.
- Place 2 Tbsp. cheese mixture into each biscuit cup. Pour the egg mixture into the cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes until filling is set and biscuits are deep golden brown, . Remove from pan and serve warm.