Today, I have another recipe for you to use those delicious garden tomatoes. It is a yummy BLT sandwich with balsamic mayo. Now for my family, the “T” in a BLT stands for turkey, not tomato. So if your family is opposed to tomatoes like mine, feel free to use turkey instead.
The thing that ramps it up for this sandwich is the balsamic mayo. It is so easy to make and gives it added flavor. Plus, balsamic vinegar and tomatoes go so well together.
The bread and bacon you use can make this sandwich go from a standard BLT to an outstanding BLT. So it all depends on what you are going for here. I used my standard bread for the picture, However, some bread from my local bakery would have been delish! Also, I like to use Wright’s bacon or Kirkland bacon. I cook it until it is nice and crisp.
The mayo you use is a simple combination of mayo with some balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Who knew this simple spread could make such a difference in this classic sandwich.
- BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- ICEBERG LETTUCE
- ROMA TOMATOES
BLT Sandwich with Balsamic Mayo
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 8 slices toasted bread
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 8 strips cooked bacon halved
- 3 roma tomatoes sliced (or use turkey in place of the tomatoes)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Spread some of the mayo mixture over each slice of toast.
- Top four of the slices of toast with bacon followed by lettuce and tomato slice.
- Top with the remaining 4 slices of toast. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious June/July 2013 issue.