My family is big nacho fans. We also love chili con queso. I saw this fun soup variation at Pillsbury.com for Beefy Nacho Soup. Sounded like one that would be right up our alley. It is a simple soup with simple ingredients that comes together quickly. You can also adjust the heat in the soup by the type of RO*TEL and taco seasoning used. I used mild but use what your family likes. This yummy beefy nacho soup is ready in under 30 minutes.
I also have more info on my Napa trip over on my events page.
- GROUND BEEF
- OLD EL PASO® 40% LESS SODIUM TACO SEASONING MIX
- CONDENSED NACHO CHEESE SOUP
- DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILES (SUCH AS RO TEL)
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- CORN TORTILLA CHIPS
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso® 40% less sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz package)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed nacho cheese soup
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained (such as Ro Tel)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 1/2 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in remaining ingredients except shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Top individual servings with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.