My family loves Mexican food. This beef taco bake dish is one that I’ve been making for years. I got the recipe off of a can of Campbell’s tomato soup.
It’s simple to make and is a big family pleaser. You can adjust the spice according to your tastes by the type of salsa you use. I make this with the flour tortillas. They turn out to have a noodle like consistency when you bake this.
It’s made with ingredients that I usually always have in the house. So give it a try.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Campbell’s Condensed Tomato Soup (regular or 25% Less Sodium)
- 1 cup salsa OR picante sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch) OR 8 corn tortilla (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces (I use my pizza cutter to do this)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it’s well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half the cheese in the skillet. Spoon the beef mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes or until the beef mixture is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. (I put it back in the oven for 5 min to get the cheese nice and melty)