It is Slow Cooker Week here at RMK and I have some tasty and easy slow cooker recipes in store for you. Today we begin with a simple beef and broccoli dish. No need for take out, this is easy to make and quite tasty. The main thing about this dish is you have cut cut the beef into slices. Get your butcher to slice it for you when you get it from the store or place it in the freezer and slice it when it is partially frozen (which is what I did).Print
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cut into slices
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- hot cooked rice, to serve over
- sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- Place beef slices into your slow cooker and pour the beef broth and oyster sauce over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- When beef is about ready, cook broccoli according to pkg directions in the microwave.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch together until well blended and there are no lumps. Add the the cooked beef mixture in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Once broccoli is cooked, drain off any water and add to the beef. Stir to combine.
- Cook for another few minutes in the slow cooker until the sauce is thick. Serve over cooker rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serves 4-6.