I love chili fries. I love them because they are basically like nachos. Instead of a tortilla chip base you have fries. Today’s recipe is a delicious variation on chili fries.
These fries begin with one of my favorite type of fries – waffle fries! Then the fries get topped with some bbq chicken. You can get the pre-made stuff from the store or make your own. Then they get even better with layers of cheese, tomatoes, red onion and dill pickle! These babies are loaded. SO loaded you really should eat them with a fork!
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 1–1/2 cups prepared shredded barbecued chicken
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- Prepare fries according to package directions.
- Once cooked, place in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet or baking sheet.
- Top with chicken, cheese and onion. Bake at 425 for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomato and pickle.
- Serves 8 as an appetizer or 3-4 as a main dish.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious June/July 2013 issue.