This traditional banana bread get a holiday season make over with a little addition of eggnog. Banana bread is a beloved sweet bread recipe but the addition of eggnog compliments the flavors to make banana eggnog bread a new seasonal favorite.
This bread is moist and full of flavor. It would work well to make mini loaves to hand out as gifts or include as part of a seasonal celebration breakfast!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamed together. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in bananas, eggnog and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, salt and baking soda and blend just until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 9×5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 tsp nutmeg over the loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 1 (9 x 5) loaf.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.