‘Tis the season for fresh cranberries and this baked cranberry pear pudding is a great way to enjoy them. Bright tangy cranberries are coupled with sweet tender canned pears. They are all surrounded by a simple cake like mixture to hold it all together.
You just needs some fresh cranberries, canned pears, sugar, flour, eggs, and baking soda. Even some of the juice from the canned pears is used.
Now, this baked cranberry and pear pudding doesn’t stop there. You also have a sugary homemade caramel sauce to drizzle over each serving. It’s the perfect way to finish off this holiday dessert.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 (29 oz) can of pears, drain and cut into chunks but reserve 3/4 cup of the juice
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar and baking soda. Whisk together.
- Add in the eggs and reserved 3/4 pear juice. Mix together until combined.
- Mix the cranberries and pears into the batter. Pour into a 9 x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce. Add the butter, evaporated milk, and butter to a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until it starts to boil. Cook until the color goes from a light cream color to a light tan color.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the salt and vanilla. Serve the sauce of slices of the warm baked pudding. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from r2sense.