So are you loving the “Four weeks of Fall” posts I have been sharing? Well, we are continuing this week and the theme is breads! You can’t have a bowl of soup without some kind of yummy warm bread on the side, right? So now that we had a week full of soups last week, we will a have a week full of bread recipes to compliment those all of those soups. We will begin with 7-Up Biscuits.
Today’s recipe for 7-Up Biscuits is one of the easiest biscuit recipes you will ever find! The biscuit itself is only 3 ingredients! You end up getting the most tender biscuits! You simply MUST, MUST, MUST make them! Serve them with butter or serve them with jam. I also high recommend to pair them with the chicken pot pie soup recipe I shared on Friday.
- BAKING MIX (I USED BISQUICK)
- SOUR CREAM (I USED LIGHT)
- 7-UP OR OTHER LEMON LIME SODA
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups baking mix I used Bisquick
- ½ cup sour cream I used light
- ½ cup 7-Up or other lemon lime soda
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix and sour cream. Add the 7-Up and combine. The dough will be very tender.
- Sprinkle some additional baking mix on your working surface and shape dough into a 9 inch square.
- Cut dough into 9 squares. I like to use my pizza cutter to do this.
- Pour 2 of the Tbsp of melted butter into a 9 inch square baking dish. Be sure the butter coats the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden. Brush tops of biscuits with remaining melted butter. Serves 9
Recipe Adapted from Your Home Based Mom.