This post contains affiliate links.
I love a good roast with gravy on Sunday for dinner and this 4 ingredient Instant Pot roast is a great option. I especially love that it all comes together in just over an hour.
Start by slicing the roast beef into slices for this 4 ingredient Instant Pot roast. Next, you coat the slices of beef with the ranch dressing mix. Once you have that done, place the slices of beef into the Instant Pot along with 2 cups of beef broth. Then it’s time to cook the roast.
To cook the roast, you cook it on high pressure for 60 minutes. After this, you need to allow for a natural pressure release for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes is up, manually release any excess pressure that may remain. At this point, remove the roast from the Instant Pot. Yu can leave it in the slices or shred it. Either way is great.
Then it’s time to make the gravy. Turn the Instant Pot onto sauté mode. Add in the package and gravy mix. Cook to thicken. If the gravy does not thicken enough, you can make a slurry of corn starch. Add that in until you get consistency you want for your gravy.
- RUMP ROAST OR CHUCK ROAST
- DRY RANCH DRESSING MIX
- BEEF BROTH
- BROWN GRAVY MIX
4 Ingredient Instant Pot Roast
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2–3 pound rump roast or chuck roast
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (.87 oz) pkg. brown gravy mix
- Trim any excess fat off of roast. Then slice the roast into 2 inch slices across the grain. Coat the slices in the ranch dressing mix. Place the roast into the Instant Pot and pour in the beef broth.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Cook on high pressure 60 minutes. Then allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Then switch valve to vent to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the pieces of meat. Leave in slices or shred. Turn on to sauté and make the gravy by slowly whisking the package of gravy mix. If gravy isn’t thick enough, then add in a cornstarch slurry to thicken to the desired consistency. Serve with mashed potatoes. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking.