Steak is a must at my house when meal planning. The 3 “men” in my house love it. So I am always on the look out for a new way to serve it up rather than just slapping it on the grill. The recipe today for 30 Minute Steak Teriyaki comes together fast and really is a simple dinner.
The teriyaki sauce is what makes this dish amazing. The favor is so concentrated, you don’t need a whole lot of it.
Also, I want to share with you a new challenge that is just starting today! I got to try the 30 Day Protein Challenge at the end of 2014 from The Beef Checkoff and am excited to share it with you all now! This fun, step-by-step 30-day plan will help you get a balanced amount of protein at each meal. It was really helpful for me to focus on protein for 30 days and I learned a lot.
Protein gives you the control you need to take on the day and make the right food choices – all day. One of the big things I learned while taking the challenge is how protein packed cottage cheese is. That is my favorite way to get that additional protein in each day. It actually has more protein than any Greek yogurt I looked at.
Why should you take the Protein Challenge?
- A growing body of research shows it may be beneficial to spread out your protein intake over the course of the day.
- Consuming the right amount of protein helps with weight loss goals by reducing mindless snacking, building muscles after a workout and protecting muscle mass. Learn more about the Benefits of Protein.
How does it work?
- Take control of your appetite by working your way up to eating 30 grams of protein at every meal for one month.
- You keep track of your food, hunger and moods to see how simple diet changes can make a difference in your overall health and wellness for 30 days and beyond.
How do you get started?
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 strip steaks (about 10–12 oz each and 1 inch in thickness)
- vegetable oil
- cooked rice
- 2 diced green onion, optional for garnish
- sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. set aside.
- Pat steaks dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet heat oil. Brown steaks in skillet, cooking about 3-5 minutes per side depending on desired doneness. Remove from skillet and place on a plate and tent with foil.
- Wipe out skillet the steaks were cooked in. Whisk soy sauce mixture again and add to skillet. Cook until thickened.
- Slice steak into thin slice slicing against the grain.
- Serve steak over rice and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Serves 4-6
Recipe adapted from Chew Out Loud.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Beef Expert Bureau for Beef Check Off. However, this post is not sponsored by the Beef Check Off. I decided to share about the Protein Challenge.