The difference between a good sandwich and an amazing sandwich can depend on two things – the bread and how it’s prepared. These Turkey Bacon Avocado Paninis are an example of that.
The base of a sandwich can make it or break it. You can had really terrific ingredients inside a sandwich, but if the bread base isn’t good, it doesn’t matter. So be sure to start with a good bread, roll, etc as the base. In this sandwich I used sour dough bread.
Then the way it is prepared can be left cold, toasted, or grilled. Usually you can never go wrong with grilling. Grilling includes cooking the sandwich on a panini press. I feel this is an essential in any kitchen. My boys have even had one once they have left home. It is a quick way to make something delicious. The panini press is what is used with the recipe today.
Now I did leave off the avocado when I made these. My family isn’t big on them. To be completely honest, I have never been a fan of sliced avocado. If I was going to put avocado on this sandwich, I would add it in guacamole form. It would be amazing!
Turkey Bacon Avocado Paninis
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 lb deli sliced turkey breast
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 4 slice mozzarella cheese
- 8 sliced cooked bacon
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and garlic together.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the mayo mixture on 4 slices of the bread. Then top each slice with turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato, and cheese. Place the other 4 slices of bread on top if each sandwich.
- Brush oil on top of the bread for each sandwich. Place oil side down on the panini press and brush other side with oil. Cook in the panini press for about 4 minutes. Remove, slice in half, and serve. Makes 4 sandwiches.