We absolutely love making sandwiches on King’s Hawaiian rolls. I recently was making sliders with a friend at a church gathering. She a few things different with hers so from that, I decided to make these Turkey and Swiss Sliders.
One thing that she did, that I loved, was she uses a mixture of Miracle Whip and mayo on the sliders. I’m not a fan of Miracle Whip on my sandwiches because the flavor is too strong for me. But mix a little in with some mayo and it adds just the perfect amount of flavor. I was like, how come I never thought to do that?
I usually tend to only pair Swiss cheese with ham when making any kind of sandwich. However, my friend paired the Swiss cheese with turkey. I loved it! The flavor of those two combined with the Mayo/Miracle Whip combo is delish!
Last thing I decided to do was something I came up with. I have a slider recipe that uses a mixture of butter, mustard, dried minced onion, and poppyseeds to brush on top of the sliders. So, I decided to just brush the sliders with the butter/mustard mixture and then sprinkle them with Everything Bagel Seasoning. I must say it turned our great! These Turkey and Swiss Sliders make a great appetizer, but also work for dinner too.
- MIRACLE WHIP
- PARTY ROLLS (I USED 1 PKG OF KING’S HAWAIIAN SWEET ROLLS)
- THINLY SLICED TURKEY
- SWISS CHEESE
- PREPARED MUSTARD
- EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING MIX
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 dozen party rolls (I used 1 pkg of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls)
- 11 oz thinly sliced turkey
- 7 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp Everything Bagel seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the mayonnaise and Miracle Whip together.
- Leaving the dinner rolls intact, slice them open so that you have one solid top and bottom. Place the bottom half on a baking sheet or in a 9×13 inch baking pan, the pan size will depend on your choice of rolls.
- Spread the mayo/Miracle Whip on the top half and bottom half of the rolls
- Line the bottom half of the rolls with turkey and then with the Swiss Cheese. Return the top part of the rolls.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into individual rolls. You are just cutting so after baking they are easy to serve.
- Whisk the melted butter and mustard together. Brush evenly over top of rolls then sprinkle with the Everything Bagel seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes. Serves 12 as an appetizer or 4 as a main dish.
These can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, may require 5 more minutes of baking. Also can be prepared ahead and frozen. Defrost in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed. I love keeping a pan of these in the freezer for emergencies. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
This recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original.