Today’s recipe for sweet pork quesadillas came about after seeing a recipe from Prudy at Prudence Pennywise. She had made some Sweet and Spicy Chicken Quesadillas using her leftover Sweet and Spicy Chicken. I had some leftovers from making my Cafe Rio Sweet Pork recipe and decided to do the same thing.
You can find the recipe for the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork here. I have to tell you I like the sweet pork even more one it has been frozen. It isn’t quite as runny or messy. So make some sweet pork, put the leftovers in the freezer, then in a few weeks, make this quesadillas. For something so simple, these were fabulous. I wish I had more leftover sweet pork. I am still thing about how delicious these were today and I made them Tuesday night.
Then for those of you who are not in Utah and weren’t able to watch Studio 5 on KSL channel 5 yesterday, I entered the Studio 5/Pier 49 Pizza contest and was one of four finalists. Unfortunately, I was not the grand prize winner. However, each finalist won a $40 gift certificate to Pier 49.
The winner went to the girl who made the chicken teriyaki pizza. The two other finalists made a Greek pizza and an apple strudel pizza. I made the Hula Pizza. My inspiration came from the recipe I posted a little while ago for the Hula Melt sandwich. To see all the recipes from the contest, you can click on the link HERE.
Sweet Pork Quesadillas
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tortillas I used burrito size
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced green onion
- leftover Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Brush one side of the tortilla with melted butter. Place butter side down in frying pan. Sprinkle the entire tortilla with a light layer of cheddar cheese and sprinkle on some green onion.
- Cook over medium heat until under side is browned and crisp and cheese is melted. Top half the tortilla with warmed sweet pork and fold tortilla in half, then cut in half so you have two triangles. Serves 6.