This time of year, I really love a good salad. I especially love one that takes advantage of seasonal fruit. This amazing spinach salad includes strawberry and kiwi.
A woman named Angel Shannon recently shared this recipe on an episode of Good Things Utah (a local TV show) I watched over 10 years ago. She got the recipe from a recipe book titled “On the side” by Deanna Buxton. Deanna is also the author of the cookbook “The Worldwide Ward Cookbook”. I adapted my Easy Cheesy Roll recipe I have shared with you from it.
This Strawberry, Kiwi, and Spinach Salad is quick and easy. It is even made with a simple homemade dressing that uses strawberry jam. This would be a great accompaniment to any summer meal. I didn’t mix up the salad portion together according to the recipe when I first made this salad. I just made individual servings with the ingredients and drizzled each serving with dressing.
Now, I usually always just add all of the ingredients into the bowl and toss with the dressing just like the recipe instructs. I think it looks prettier when you serve it this way. This is how I did it in the updated picture.
- Strawberry Dressing:
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoned lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 8 cups torn spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used almonds)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled quartered and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine jam, vinegar and oil. Whisk until smooth. Stir in lemon pepper and seasoned salt. Mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate. Shake before serving. Makes one cup.
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl. Arrange walnuts, strawberries and kiwi over spinach. Drizzle dressing over salad.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in July 2019.