With the way economic times are right now, most households are making cut backs where ever they can. One of those areas to cut back on tends to be eating out. One place I love to eat out at is a restaurant called Winger’s (and have their Sticky Fingers). They have restaurants through out the U.S. but is mostly concentrated in the Western United States.
My absolute favorite thing to get there is their sticky fingers, which is basically breaded chicken fingers coated in Winger’s original amazing sauce. The sauce is basically like a spicy buffalo sauce. Then, it is served with ranch dressing.
A while back, I found a copy cat version of Winger’s sauce on Favorite Family Recipes. Lately, I had been craving those sticky fingers and remembered I had this recipe. I had to give it a try. It was perfect and very, very close to the original thing. Now I can have sticky finger’s at home when ever I get a craving for some! Delicious! Thanks to Erica for sharing this recipe.
Sticky Fingers - WInger's Copy Cat Sauce
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 Tbsp Franks Hot Sauce It has to be Franks Hot Sauce... no other sauce will taste as good
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 8 cooked breaded chicken fingers
- Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a sauce pot until all the sugar dissolves ( I brought it to a boil and let it boil for a minute or two). That's it. Brush sauce covers over chicken fingers.
Ranch Dipping Sauce
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Whisk together ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
This is the original photo from this post when it was first publish in June 2009.