This simple slow cooker pork roast makes a delicious gravy that is gluten free. It’s made with a cornstarch slurry.
This is a simple dump and go recipe. All you have to do is add the pork roast to the crock pot along with some carrots and onion. Then you add in some chicken broth, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. At this point you leave the work to the slow cooker. Just cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The spices used produces a delicious roast. The slow cooking ma
When the roast is fully cooked, you remove the pork and carrots from the slow cooker. Then take 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot for the gravy. Bring 2 cups of the liquid to a boil and mix in a slurry of corn starch and water to thicken the gravy. If the gravy isn’t thick enough, you can always make a little more slurry to get it to the consistency you want. There is plenty of gravy to serve on the roast plus on some mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are a must have side with this roast.
- PORK ROAST
- CHICKEN BROTH
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 4 carrots (peeled and cut into large pieces)
- 1/2 onion (diced into large pieces)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Place the onion and carrots around the roast.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the roast and pour the chicken broth around the roast..
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the pork is cooked through (internal temperature of 145 degrees F).
- Remove the pork and carrots. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ¼ cup of water and the cornstarch.
- Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Boil, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes until it thickens.
- Slice or shred roast and serve with carrots and mashed potatoes. Serve gravy over potatoes and roast. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from Eating on a Dime.