This is probably the recipe that I was most excited to share with you all this week for hot drink week. This tasty Slow Cooker Pink Peppermint Hot Chocolate is made using white chocolate and it gets it’s beautiful pink color from peppermint candy.
The color makes this one is particular good to make with Valentine’s coming up. You could top it with whipped cream and Valentine sprinkles.
This hot chocolate is tasty with the perfect amount of peppermint flavor. It is made in the slow cooker, but could easily be made on the stove top instead. Just cook until the chocolate and peppermint candy is dissolved and the milk is warm enough.
- 8 cups of milk
- 2 (4 oz) pkg white chocolate baking bars, broken into squares
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- whipped cream, optional for topping
- additional crushed candy canes or sprinkles, optional for topping
- Place the milk, white chocolate, candy cane, and vanilla in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, stirring about any 15 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and additional candy cane of sprinkles if desired. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Real Housemoms.