One of my favorite thing to get at a bbq restaurant is beef brisket. I think it is one of the best ways to enjoy bbq. So I decided to made some at home using the slow cooker and serve as sliders. The slow cooker BBQ brisket sliders turned out fantastic.
You can just top the slider buns with the beef and sauce. However, I love the addition of some cool crisp coleslaw. You can make life simple and pick some up from the grocery store deli or it really is easy to make your own. Either way, I suggest adding it on these little gems of bbq goodness.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (3 lb) beef brisket
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 dozen slider buns
- bottle bbq sauce
- prepared coleslaw, from the deli or make your own
- In a bowl, combine the paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, celery salt, salt, and pepper.
- Rub mixture over brisket and place in the slow cooker. Top with bay leaves and onion.
- Add broth to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove brisket from slow cooker and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then slice across the grain into thin slice. Place slices on slider buns. Top with bbq sauce and coleslaw to serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish.
This post was shared by The Beef Checkoff.