Today’s summer meal is prepared on the stove top. This is a simple sauce that I adapted from a friend of mine. The original recipe was from her grandma. This version includes 3 canned tomato items – crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato soup. The hardest part of this recipe is letting it simmer for 20 minutes. I serve it over angel hair pasta. My family likes that pasta better, plus it only takes a few minutes to cook.
Also, head on over to Megan’s Munchies to checkout a review of my upcoming cookbook! Plus Jamie from Jamie Cooks It Up is giving you a sneak peak with one of the cookbook recipes along with giving away a copy today too. So head on over there for a chance to win a copy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt, to taste
- In a large pot, brown your hamburger and onion until fully cooked. Drain off grease.
- Add the remainder of your ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over cooked pasta. Serves 6.