I little bit ago I answered a call for spring cupcake ideas for Reynolds. I sent in a few ideas and they ended up picking my Simple Banana Cupcakes with Sour Cream Frosting as one of their recipes to feature using their new line of Baked For You® StayBrite® Baking Cups. They are designed with Staybrite technology, ensuring the colors stays vibrant on the cups – even after baking. I mean if you are going to get cute baking cups for your cupcakes, you want them to be just as cute after they bake, right?
I selected the design they have with monkey faces and bananas– perfect for a banana cupcake. You can find the Baked For You® StayBrite® Baking Cups on your baking isle at your grocery store with all the other baking cups. They were easy to use and worked great. The design was just as cute and when I placed them in my cupcake tin. The other thing I love is that the baking cups is they remove easily from the cupcakes when you are ready to eat them. Nothing bugs me more than having half of my delicious cupcake stick to the baking cup.
These cupcakes are moist and delicious. The sour cream frosting was the perfect accompaniment. The sour cream gives the sweet frosting just enough tang.
I also have a giveaway starting today for Memorial Day, so be sure to check it out.Print
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 very ripe mashed bananas
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, water, oil, eggs, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Beat with a mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add bananas and blend well.
- Line cupcake tins with 24 of Reynolds Baked for You Baking Cups . Fill liners ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool after baking.
- In another bowl, add the powdered sugar, sour cream, butter, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until smooth and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread frosting on top of each cupcake. Store any leftover cupcakes in the refrigerator.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but my opinions are my own.