Here is a simple and delicious pasta dish for you today. This sausage penne pasta is one of those meals you can have on the dinner table in just 30 minutes. I adapted it from one that was in my recent issue of Simple and Delicious. It is simple ingredients but full of flavor. Add a toss salad and a hunk of delicious crusty bread and you are set! This one is a definite family pleaser.
I also selected the winner of the “Delicious Dessert” prize pack that includes a box of the new Betty Crocker Mississippi Mud Supreme Bars and an 8×8 metal baking pan is Deanna who said, “I think your potatoes look divine! I would use the chocolate bars to celebrate my children’s good report cards. we always have a special dinner and these would be great.” Congrats!
- PENNE PASTA
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE LINKS (I USED MILD)
- GREEN PEPPER
- OLIVE OIL
- CANNED DICED TOMATO WITH GARLIC (I USED THE FIRE ROASTED ONES)
- TOMATO SAUCE
- GARLIC POWDER
- DRIED BASIL
- DRIED OREGANO
- SALT AND PEPPER
- GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
Sausage Penne Pasta
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- ½ pound Italian sausage links casing removed and cut into 1-inch pieces (I used mild)
- 1 small onion halved and sliced
- ½ medium green pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomato with garlic (I used the fire roasted ones)
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.