Day two of red velvet week is a simple recipe for red velvet fudge. I did a variation on the recipe I made last year and converted it to a red velvet version. It turned out perfect. All the flavor of red velvet cake in a little bite of fudge.
Start by lining a 9 x 9 inch dish with foil. This makes it easy to remove the fudge from the pan and cut into pieces. Then in a microwave safe bowl, pour in the milk chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds followed but 10 second intervals until nice and melted, stirring each time.
Add in a container of cream cheese frosting to the melted chips and stir until well combined. Mix in some red food coloring to achieve red velvet color. Pour the mixture into the foil lined pan and spread until even. Allow to set for 30 minutes. Remove fudge from the pan using foil lining and cut into squares. I place them in mini cup cake liners and then in a fun Valentine box. This is simple enough that the kids can make this to give away.
- MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- RED FOOD COLORING
Red Velvet Fudge
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 tub 1 lb Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 tsp or so red food coloring
- Line a 9 x 9 inch dish with foil and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the milk chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds followed but 10 second intervals until smooth stirring each time.
- Add the frosting to the melted chips and stir until well combined. Add food coloring to achieve desired color.
- Pour into pan and spread until even. Allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove fudge from the pan using foil and cut into squares.
Recipe adapted from Easy Strawberry and Lemon Fudge.