Today’s breakfast dish takes your regular old french toast casserole to a new level. The secret to this Raspberry White Chocolate Overnight French Toast is the addition of flavored liquid coffee creamer. I chose to use International Delight’s raspberry white chocolate flavor. You could easily use any flavored creamer in it’s place. There are so many yummy flavors that the make now. The possibilities are endless with flavors like pumpkin pie spice, hazelnut, and gingerbread latte.
To make this Raspberry White Chocolate Overnight French Toast even better, I decided to make a syrup using the creamer to top off the french toast. I was so excited the way it turned out. It helps ramp up the raspberry chocolate flavor. Now this syrup is so yummy, it would be delicious on any breakfast dish you top with syrup or dessert. Again, you can use any flavored coffee cream in place of the flavor I used of a new flavor of syrup. How about the flavor of southern butter pecan or english almond toffee! This will definitely be a special addition to a Christmas breakfast.
I will have giveaways running all this week so stop by and check out today’s giveaway. It should be a fun week!
Raspberry White Chocolate Overnight French Toast with Raspberry White Chocolate Syrup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 12 1 inch thick slices of day old french bread or Texas toast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup raspberry white chocolate liquid coffee creamer
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the syrup
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup raspberry white chocolate liquid coffee creamer
- 1 cup sugar
- fresh or frozen raspberries thawed for garnish
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Spread bread cubes even in the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/2 cup creamer, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread cubes. Try to make sure all the bread cubes get the egg mixture on them.
- Cover at refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until set. You can test if it is done by inserting a knife in the center of the dish. If the knife comes out clean it is done. Cut into squares.
- For the syrup, place the butter, 3/4 cups creamer and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Serve syrup over french toast squares with raspberries if desired.
Recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original.