Today’s recipe for ranch potato casserole is one that I adapted from I recipe that I found on cooks.com. I like this recipe because it isn’t a heavy creamy potato casserole and it has just enough of the ranch dressing to give it a nice flavor. And how can you loose with cheese in the mix?
- 6 to 8 med. potatoes (I peel them)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. prepared Ranch dressing
- 1/4 c. bacon bits (fresh, only if you have it, I don’t always add it)
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced parsley (or just sprinkle in some dried, or leave it out)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Boil the potatoes until tender (approx 20 min); dice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, dressing, bacon, parsley and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Carefully mix in the potatoes
- Pour in a greased 13×9 inch baking pan and spread out evenly. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for (I only cook mine for 20 minutes) 40-45 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.