This post may contain affiliate links.
Most of my stroganoff recipes that I make involve a can of something (like cream of mushroom soup) or a packet of something (like brown gravy). Today, I have a quick stove top stroganoff recipe that uses simple ingredients. No cans or packets used with this one.
This one uses ground beef, which my family prefers. However, I must tell you my family prefers the recipes with the can of something of packet of something. However, if you want one that doesn’t use those things, this is still a great option.
Quick Stove Top Stroganoff
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. wide egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 (13 3/4 can) or 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- salt and pepper
- Cook egg noodles according to package. When done drain and set aside.
- While noodles cook, brown beef with onions and mushrooms until beef is browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Sprinkle flour over beef mixture and stir to blend in.
- Add beef broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Serve beef gravy over noodles and top with a spoonful of remaining sour cream. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted off of a package of Best Bet Wide Egg Noodles.
Looks perfect for the chilly weather we’ve been having. YUM!