This post may contain affiliate links.
This time of year tends to get so crazy. With all the holiday events going on and Christmas preparations, it can be hard to get dinner on the table.
This time it is especially good to have a well stocked “cantry“. I love to rely on mine to help dinner come together in a flash. I can also feel good about what I am serving my family. Did you know that according to a University of California, Davis study, that many canned fruits and vegetables have equal or more nutrients than their fresh or frozen counter parts? The can itself seals in all the natural goodness of the food.
These quick chicken enchiladas are ready in about 30 minutes and only require 6 ingredients including canned green chilies and enchilada sauce. You can swap out the corn tortillas for flour if you prefer.
Quick Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken (Rotisserie chicken works great)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (29.2 oz) can of enchilada sauce, divided (I use Rosarita)
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 14–16 corn tortillas, softened
- sour cream, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups of cheese, 1 cup of enchilada sauce, chilies, and cilantro.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down into the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream and additional chopped cilantro if desired. Serves 7-8.
Disclosure: I am a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking and this is a sponsored post. For more information about how you can get cooking with cans visit: www.CansGetYouCooking.com, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Tumblr.