It’s pumpkin week, it’s pumpkin week! YAY! Yep, that’s right all this week on Real Mom Kitchen. I will be sharing some yummy recipes that include that quintessential fall ingredient, pumpkin! Now, don’t worry that the whole week will be filled with just cake and cookies. I actually have a very good variety of recipes for you including pumpkin Nutella swirl bread.
We are going to start of the week with a pumpkin classic.
Who doesn’t love a slice of pumpkin chocolate chip bread each Fall season? This recipe takes the traditional recipe up a notch. Instead of regular old chocolate chips we are gonna use Nutella!
This pumpkin Nutella swirl bread or muffins recipe is one I found over at one of my favorite fellow Utahn’s site, Maria at Two Peas and Their Pod. I must say, I don’t know if I’ll ever make any other pumpkin bread recipe. I LOVE Nutella! Using it in the pumpkin bread makes one heavenly slice of Fall. There is a good helping of cinnamon and nutmeg in this bread which tastes great with the Nutella as well!
The original recipe includes a little hazelnut extract. I didn’t have any on hand so I left it out. I think it is fine without it. However, I did wish that there was MORE NUTELLA in each loaf. So, next time I am going to fill the loaf pan half way and put some Nutella in and swirl. Then, the Nutella will be throughout the loaf rather than just on top.
My mini loaves pans are extra mini, so I had extra batter after filling my four loaf pans. I made a few muffins with the left over batter. I loved the muffin size. It’s the perfect portion control for me. I also recommend putting additional Nutella in the center of each of the muffins. I really don’t think you can ever have too much Nutella!
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread or Muffins
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp Nutella 2 Tbsp per mini loaf ***see note below
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extracts. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans, making sure batter is evenly divided. Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella onto each loaf pan. Swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter with a knife. Place the loaf pans onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place the loaf pans on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove the loaves. Cool completely before slicing.