I love pumpkin but not pumpkin pie. It is about the only thing pumpkin that I just can’t eat. It’s a texture thing for me. So, I am always on the look out for a pie recipe that involves pumpkin but is not the traditional pumpkin pie.
This creamy pumpkin chocolate chip cream pie version was perfect and right up my alley. I made it with a graham cracker crust, but you could easily change it out for a traditional crust or oreo crust. I love the crunchy mini chocolate chips scattered through out the creamy filling.
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant valilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- whipped cream, optional
- additional mini chocolate chips, optional
- In a bowl, beat the milk and pudding together with a hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Then fold in the whipped topping and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips if desired. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.