I love pumpkin but not pumpkin pie. It is about the only thing pumpkin that I just can’t eat. It’s a texture thing for me. So, I am always on the look out for a pie recipe that involves pumpkin but is not the traditional pumpkin pie like this pumpkin chocolate chip cream pie.
This version creamy version of pumpkin pie was perfect and right up my alley. Now, I made it with a graham cracker crust. However, you could easily change it out for a traditional crust or even an Oreo crust. I think a ginger snap or Biscoff cookie crust would also be delicious!
I love the crunchy mini chocolate chips scattered through out the creamy filling of this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cream Pie. The filling is made using milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, canned pumpkin, whipped topping, and pumpkin pie spice. So it comes together pretty quickly.
This pie is a tasty way to enjoy the seasonal flavor of pumpkin for those non-pumpkin pie lovers like me. Consider it for your Thanksgiving pie this year.
- INSTANT VALILLA PUDDING MIX
- CANNED PUMPKIN
- WHIPPED TOPPING
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- MINIATURE SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- PREPARED GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- WHIPPED CREAM
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cream Pie
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¾ cup cold milk
- 1 3.4 oz pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping thawed
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- whipped cream optional
- additional mini chocolate chips optional
- In a bowl, beat the milk and pudding together with a hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Then fold in the whipped topping and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips if desired. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.